Terms and conditions
(1)The gite known as Le Petit Coin at LD La Falconnie, 24480 Le Buisson de Cadouin, France is available for holiday rental from Mme C J Fernyhough (the Owner) to you, the Client named on the booking form
(2)To reserve the gite, the Client should read the booking form and conditions, check availability and make arrangements to pay.
(3)The rental amount, together with the security deposit* is to be paid at the time of booking. Should payment not be received, the Owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the booking is cancelled. See cancellation policy for further details.
(4)A security *deposit of £200 is required in case of, for example, damage to the property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client’s liability to the Owner. The Owner will account to the Client for the security deposit and refund the full amount or the balance within 2 weeks of the end of the rental period.
(5)Subject to Clauses 2 & 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, any expense or loss incurred in doing so will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a fully comprehensive insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal injury and belongings, public liability etc. since these will not be covered by the Owners’ insurance.
(6)The rental period shall commence at 16H00 (4pm) on the first day and end at 10H00 (10am) on the last day. Any arrangements to vary this must be made with the Owner prior to arrival.
(7)The maximum number of people (2) staying in the gite must not exceed the number stated on the booking form. All persons staying in the gite must be named on the booking form and any amendments agreed with the Owner prior to arrival.
(8)The client shall report to the Owner, without delay, any breakdown of any equipment or appliances in the gite. Repairs and/or replacements will be made as soon as possible.
(9)The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the gite and its facilities. The Client agrees to leave the gite in an ‘as you found it’ state at the end of the rental period. Although a final clean through is included in the price, the Owner reserves the right to retain monies from the security deposit to cover any additional cleaning costs, should the Client leave the gite in an unacceptable condition. The Client also agrees not to act in any manner that would cause danger, nuisance or disturbance to residents of any neighbouring property.
(10)The Owner shall not be liable to the Client for:
- Any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the gite, or in respect to any related failure of equipment or appliances
- For any loss or damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owner.
- Should the gite be damaged or destroyed prior to the commencement of the rental period, the Owner shall refund, within 7 days, only sums previously paid by the Client.
(11)The Client agrees not to bring pets or other animals to the gite nor anywhere else on the property.
(12) Smoking is NOT permitted anywhere on the property, either inside or outside in the grounds.
(13)Under no circumstances shall the Owners’ liability to the Client exceed the amount already paid to the Owners under this booking. This contract shall be governed by French law in every particular, including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in France. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought before any court of competent jurisdiction in France.
(14)The Owner lives in separate detached accommodation at the property and will be in residence during your stay. The Owner will allow you privacy and quiet enjoyment of the gite and will expect to be afforded reasonable privacy similarly.
- No refund will be made for cancellations less than 2 weeks before the start of your holiday or in the event of ‘no shows’.
- The rental amount, together with the security deposit, is to be paid at the time of booking. Should payment not be received we reserve the right to give notice that the booking is cancelled.
- In the unlikely event that we need to cancel your reservation, all amounts paid will be refunded.